Inspired by Tenina Holder‘s thermomite recipe in her 2017 calendar, Chef has created a delicious LCHF natural vegemite recipe! Our helpful testers LOVED it! Cant wait to see photos of you eating #LCHFmite this Australia Day!
- Place seeds into the mixer and toast 5 minutes / varoma temp / speed slow / mc off
- Grind 30 seconds / speed 9 / mc on
- Scrape down bowl and lid and repeat
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix 30 seconds / speed 3 / mc on
- Scrape down and repeat if necessary until all incorporated
- Store in a sanitized jar in the fridge up to a month possibly longer (mine is currently 5 months old and counting)
*Black sesame seeds available from some supermarkets, predominantly continental markets
*Nutritional yeast and coconut aminos available at health food stores or organic raw shops.
For more recipe inspiration and a like minded supportive community, join our FACEBOOK GROUP
You can also check out our COOKBOOKS here.
You can download our FREE 7 day mealplan here
Non thermo instructions
- In a dry pan, toast the seeds until hot (3 minutes approx)
- Allow to cool slightly, then move to a high power blender and blend until they turn to butter
- Scrape down and add remaining ingredients, blend until smooth